Now Accepting Proposals for FY18 Iowa Cancer Plan Implementation Grants
The intent of this invitation for proposals (IFP) is to fund collaborative projects that address identified gaps in Iowa’s cancer prevention and control efforts. Successful grant applications will incorporate strategies
and/or action steps
from the 2012-2017 Iowa Cancer Plan
. Applicants may request up to $25,000 for their projects.
This FY18 funding opportunity includes a couple significant changes from previous years, including:
- Separate applications for single- and multi-year projects. Applicants may use the new multi-year application to apply for projects up to three years in length. Funding for multi-year projects will be reviewed annually based on a site visit, project outcomes and available funds.
- Though not weighted differently during scoring, the Board of Directors will give priority during final funding decisions to projects that
- Address health disparities or focus on underserved populations.
- Address the need for strong provider recommendation for HPV vaccination.
- Focus on colorectal cancer screening and population health including insured populations, unworried well and links to care.
- Have demonstrated success locally and are proposing a more significant impact or increase in geographic reach.
- An IFP overview webinar was recorded at 10 a.m. on March 29, 2017. Click here or on the image below to view the webinar recording.
- A letter of intent (LOI) is due electronically to the Consortium by 5 p.m. CST on April 14, 2017.
- In-person application assistance will be available at the Iowa Cancer Consortium Spring Regional Meetings in April. Applicants may email Allie Bain at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment for in-person assistance on April 17 in Sioux City, April 21 in Des Moines, April 25 in Clear Lake, or April 28 in Cedar Rapids.
- Proposals are due electronically by 5 p.m. CST on May 19, 2017.
2017 Sun-Safety Community Project: Sunscreen Request
The Iowa Cancer Consortium is now taking requests from Consortium members for gallon-size bottles of SPF 30 sunscreen to be used for collaborative community projects. The purpose of this effort is to increase sunscreen use and decrease incidence of sunburns. Application requests are due to Tessa Allred by May 8, 2017.
Click here for application and project information.
Other Iowa Cancer Consortium Funding Opportunities
Each year, the Iowa Cancer Consortium Board of Directors releases an invitation for proposals for projects that support the goals, priorities, strategies and action steps in the Iowa Cancer Plan
. The main – and largest – invitation for proposals is typically released each year in March. Depending on available funding, the Consortium also releases a smaller invitation for concept grant proposals around August each year. These opportunities are open to the public.
are also eligible for occasional pre-packed initiatives such as sun-screen distributions, radon testing projects, and more. Information about becoming a Consortium member is available by clicking here
Sign up for the Consortium's emails
to receive announcements about these and other opportunities as soon as they become available.