Health Equity Resources
Where are you in your health equity journey? We’ve compiled some resources that may help you at different stages.
Finding my Way
- Resources from the Racial Equity Institute, including the Groundwater Approach Training or attend a workshop (schedule).
- Reading: What are microagressions (Vox)
- Reading: Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2019-2021 (by the American Cancer Society)
- Documentary: Unnatural Causes (Rent on Vimeo)
- Join the Iowa Cancer Consortium’s Health Equity Committee! Email [email protected] to learn more
Work in Progress
- Book: Me & White Supremacy, by Layla F. Saad
- Book: Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
- Book: Race for Profit, by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- Reading: Making the Case for Health Equity (by the American Cancer Society)
- Reading: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack (by Peggy McIntosh)
- Reading: What is implicit bias? The invisible racism that makes Black women dread the doctor’s office (Today.com)
- Podcast: The 1619 Project (New York Times)
- Reading: Cancer Care Considerations for Sexual and Gender Minority Patients (ACCC)
I teach/live this
- Please email us at [email protected]!