FY23 Iowa Cancer Plan Implementation Grants, Invitation for Proposals
Every year, the Iowa Cancer Consortium Board of Directors invite members of the community to apply for funding in support of public health initiatives outlined within the 2018-2022 Iowa Cancer Plan. The board has outlined the following priorities for this application cycle:
- Address issues of health equity across the cancer continuum, especially pertaining to systemic racism, rurality, socioeconomic status, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Address cancer control issues that have been especially impacted by the pandemic (e.g., cancer screenings, HPV vaccinations, or tobacco use).
- Expand successful local projects statewide in Iowa.
- Applicant Informational Webinar (view recording)
- Sample: Budget Worksheet (download here)
- Sample: Letter of Intent (LOI) (download here)
- Sample: Letter of Support (LOS) (download here)
- View FY22 Funded Projects (click here)
- Blog: A Public Health Practitioner’s Guide to Cancer Control Interventions (click here)
- 2021 Cancer in Iowa Report, highlighting racial disparities (download here)
- 2022 Cancer in Iowa Report, highlighting return to screening (download here)
- Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Improving Cancer Screening and Care in the United States (view here)
|March 11, 2022||IFP Release|
|March 25, 2022||IFP Applicant Webinar (View Recording)|
|April 1, 2022||Due: Letter of Intent by 11:59 p.m.|
|May 6, 2022||Due: IFP Applications by 11:59 p.m.|
|June 24, 2022||Award Notification (tentative)|
|July 1, 2022||Project Period Starts|
|May 31, 2023||Project Period Ends|
Support throughout the grant process:
Application technical assistance is available. Applicants are strongly encouraged to connect with staff to discuss or review their application. Making contact is not a requirement and your proposals won’t be helped or hurt in the scoring process, which involves review by the Iowa Cancer Consortium’s Board of Directors. Contact: Liz Orton, Outreach Coordinator ([email protected]).