FY21 Iowa Cancer Plan Implementation Grant, Invitation for Proposals
Every year, the Iowa Cancer Consortium Board of Directors invite members of the community to apply for funding in support of public health initiatives outlined within the 2018-2022 Iowa Cancer Plan. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and attention to racism as a public health issue, the board has outlined the following funding priorities for this application cycle:
- Projects providing support for communities who hold the burden of both cancer and novel coronavirus.
- Programs who identify creative ways to deliver cancer services and care within the new landscape created by the pandemic.
- Projects addressing systemic racism and inequities across the cancer continuum.
- Iowa Cancer Consortium grantees from last year (FY20) who willingly relinquished funds so that the Consortium could provide transportation and lodging support to cancer patients in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Applicant Informational Webinar was held July 22, 2020 at Noon (View Recording)
- Sample: Budget Worksheet
- Sample: Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Sample: Letter of Support (LOS)
- View FY20 Funded Projects (click here)
- Blog: A Public Health Practitioner’s Guide to Cancer Control Interventions (click here)
|July 16, 2020||IFP Release|
|July 22, 2020||IFP Applicant Webinar (View Recording)|
|July 29, 2020||Due: Letter of Intent|
|August 16, 2020||Due: IFP Applications by 11:59 p.m.|
|September 28, 2020||Award Notification (tentative)|
|October 5, 2020||Project Period Starts|
|May 31, 2021||Project Period Ends|
Support throughout the grant process:
Application technical assistance is provided by the Iowa Cancer Consortium staff. Applicants are strongly encouraged to connect with staff to discuss or review their application. Making contact is not a requirement and your proposals won’t be helped or hurt in the scoring process, which involves review by the Iowa Cancer Consortium’s Board of Directors. Please feel free to reach-out to any of our program staff, including:
- Kelly Wells Sittig, executive director ([email protected])
- Kelly Rollins, administrative and financial coordinator ([email protected])
- Rachel Schramm, communications and outreach coordinator ([email protected])
- Tessa Mills, outreach coordinator ([email protected])
- Sloane Henry, community health educator ([email protected])
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Rachel Schramm, Communications and Outreach Coordinator at the Iowa Cancer Consortium ([email protected]).