Radon Action Month: Iowa Radon Testing Challenge
To participate in the contest, contact Allie Bain at email@example.com or (319) 335-4609.
Click here to download complete contest details.
Iowa Cancer Consortium members (individual and organizational members)
A contest to see who can test the most Iowa homes for radon
January 1, 2017-March 31, 2017
Why: Seven in ten homes in Iowa have radon levels above the EPA's recommended action level. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer, and the leading cause of lung cancer in nonsmokers. January is Radon Action Month, and a great time to test your home!
How the Contest Works
All Iowa Cancer Consortium members are eligible to receive radon test kits and radon information to distribute to Iowans.
- Organizational members may receive 20 test kits and Radon & You brochures (bilingual English and Spanish) to distribute.
- Individual members may receive 10 test kits and Radon & You brochures to distribute.
- You must be a current Iowa Cancer Consortium member to participate. Click here for information about membership.
Determining the winners:
- The individual member and the organizational member with the greatest number of tests completed and producing a valid result will be selected as winners and will receive an Iowa Cancer Consortium membership at no cost.
- Ties will be broken by average test completion date.
There are a limited number of test kits, so enter soon!