The Iowa Cancer Summit
The 2016 Iowa Cancer Summit brought together health care professionals of all varieties to discuss and learn more about how together we can reduce the burden of cancer in Iowa.
The 2016 Iowa Cancer Summit was held at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny, Iowa, on October 18-19.
Download the brochure.
Click here for a recap of discussion on social media during the conference.
Implementation Group Meeting Minutes
for more information about Iowa Cancer Consortium Implementation Groups and Committees.
Available Slide Decks
- Foundations for Our Future: Creating Equitable Access to Cancer Prevention & Treatment, Kendra Malone, Diversity Consultant, Iowa City, Iowa
- Health Equity & Disparities in Iowa, Meagan Schorr, MPH, Iowa Cancer Consortium
- Partnered and Engaged Approaches to Address Cancer-Related Health Disparities, Heather Brandt, PhD, CHES, University of South Carolina
- Advocating for Change: Addressing Health Inequities Across the Cancer Spectrum (plus handout), Kendra Malone, Diversity Consultant, Iowa City, Iowa
- Integrating Cancer Prevention Through Personal and Public Actions (Keynote), Ernest Hawk, MD, MPH, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Prevention Trial Design and Progress to Date, Ernest Hawk, MD, MPH, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- In Changing Times: The Impact of Social Determinants of Health and Breast/Cervical Cancer Screening Recommendations, Ana Coppola, MPH, and Bonnie Murphy, RN, BSN, Polk County Health Department
- Trauma-informed Cancer Care, Holly Hanson, MA, CPM, and Rhonda Rairden-Nelson, Iowa Department of Public Health
- Links of Care: Building Linkages to Specialty Care for Community Health Centers, Roshan Paudel, American Cancer Society
- #MyTime: A Technology-mediated HPV Vaccination Program for College Students, Heather Brandt, PhD, CHES, University of South Carolina
- Has the Pendulum Swung Too Far? An Update on Prostate Cancer Screening, Richard Hoffman, MD, MPH, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and Iowa City VA Medical Center
- Communicating Cancer: Diagnosis to Survivorship, Catina O'Leary, PhD, LMSW, Health Literacy Missouri
- Reducing Tobacco Use in the LGBTQ Community, Beth Turner, MA, CHES, American Lung Association in Iowa
Thank you to the 2016 Summit Sponsors!
Conference agendas and select slide decks are available for previous Iowa Cancer Summits: